Social Media Specialist
Reports To – Head of Digital
Salary – Attractive salary dependant on experience.
If you enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic working environment with opportunities to gain new skills, confidence and industry-specific knowledge, this role may well be the perfect fit for you.
Are you creative, thoughtful and passionate about social media and storytelling?
Do you love data?
We’re looking for a strategic social thinker, with a deep understanding of the social media and digital landscape to join our fun and hardworking team.
The Social Media Specialist will be directly responsible for all paid social media and lead the day-to-day paid media planning, execution, and delivery of all paid socials, including campaign creation, campaign management, and campaign optimisation for our internal and external brands.
This is an exciting role for an open and effective communicator; with an abundance of ideas, who is able to work to specified tones of voice and with brand-led strategic messaging.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, the key activities and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Lead the day-to-day paid media planning, execution, and delivery of all paid socials.
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies.
- Develop, launch and manage new campaigns which promote all companies and brands.
- Deliver post-campaign analysis & report presentations.
- Conduct extensive audience research and analysis.
- Understand and implement social/digital measurement and tracking.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery and budget against KPIs.
- Oversee the handling of all social media channels, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,Instagram and YouTube.
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google analytics and Facebook insights.
- Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity.
- Conduct competitor research and analyse competitor activity.
- Execute tests, collect and analyse data and identify trends and insights in order to maximise ROI.
- Set targets to increase brand awareness and customer engagement.
- Recommend improvements to increase performance.
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within all companies.
- Analyse campaign performance against KPIs & report on any trends and insights to key stakeholders.
- Own and manage paid social campaigns that contribute towards company conversion and revenue goals. This will include all of the necessary tasks to deliver successful campaigns; keyword research and expansion, campaign setup, bid management, ad creation, copywriting, reporting & optimisation and post campaign analysis.
- Prepare and lead meetings that relate to specific paid media projects.
- Manage a budget for social media activities.
- Manage social media communities.
- Conduct Ad testing across multiple channels.
- Define and set key KPIs and performance benchmarks for paid channels.
- Work with the Marketing team to formulate content plans to ensure social media outlets are populated with fresh, interesting and innovative content.
- Sharing and presenting internal learnings with the wider team and taking an active role in regular team brainstorms. T
The person specification, skills, knowledge and competencies required for the role are as follows:
- Minimum of 2/3 years’ experience working as a Social Media Specialist or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, media or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid working knowledge of all key social platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube etc.)
- Working knowledge of Social Analytics, understand how to report on social media performance and turn data into actionable outcomes moving forward.
- Creative with a high attention to detail – Commercially minded and strategic in your approach.
- Ability to collaborate with the wider marketing team and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Experience completing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs.
- A passionate self-starter, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of driving social media engagement and increasing followership.
- Postgraduate qualifications, including CIM, CPD or CIPR, would be advantageous.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising.
- Understanding of the B2B ICT sector and the relevant technologies.
Here at Elite, we always welcome individuality.
We guarantee that your differences will be valued and encouraged because after all, that is what makes us a better Elite.
From diversity to creativity, we nurture every form of talent no matter your race, gender, age, religion, identity or experience. Our recruitment process ensures Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words; they are our guiding principles.